where i've been

2.16.2012

Retreat and Valentines Day

Hello my lovelies!

This past weekend I went on my second JVC retreat, marking the halfway point of my year of service. Pretty ridiculous, I know!

I really got a chance to get to know people and talk about social justice, which was what the retreat was centered on. One way we did that was to have each house cook a meal for everyone... and the catch? You had to make it as sustainable as possible! So we made whole wheat cinnamon pancakes with orange slices.... yum!!



It was a beautiful location, with awesome trees and misty rain. I must say, I am pretty in love with the nature of the Pacific Northwest.

Yesterday we had an AWESOME dinner for Valentines Day. I went shopping at a local grocery store that only carries local organic food, and I had a blast! Doesn't that dinner look good??





Then we topped it all off with some fondue...yum!!! The night ended with an epic dance party.


Then tonight was Matt's birthday, so we celebrated with yet another epic meal! I have gotten used to eating such delicious food, that is for sure.




Life as a JV is pretty wonderful.

1 comment: