where i've been

9.23.2011

Addendum: Days When Things Are Hard

I am continually touched by the people who live here.  Today was one woman's wedding anniversary, but her partner had passed away.  Needless to say, its a difficult day.  Being able to hug her, remind her that she makes a difference in the world, and simply listen to her remembering a loved one reminds me of why I am here.  They call this a ministry of presence for a reason.  Perhaps I am discovering a different type of passion - one that lifts up my soul rather than lights it, one that quietly burns in a darkness instead of igniting the entire night sky.

5 comments:

  1. You do truly amaze me....you are not supposed to know all the answers my darling daughter because then you will stop asking the questions, and isn't that half the fun? You question - seek the answer - grow - learn and inspire, and you do all those things for me sweetheart and the most amazing part is then you share that growth with all of us..and for that I thank you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Perhaps I am discovering a different type of passion - one that lifts up my soul rather than lights it, one that quietly burns in a darkness instead of igniting the entire night sky." Profound words, beautifully spoken. Bravo to you for recognizing & responding to the needs of someone else in your own time of need. You will find a different kind of fulfillment in being of service to others. And no doubt, every experience will serve you in some way in return! Love you, Auntie Nettie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such maturity and wisdom in someone so young is unusual and very, very welcome in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To all - thank you so much for the comments! It means a lot to know that there are people out there reading my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete