where i've been

2.08.2010

The Week From Hell

Man. Quarter system. I've got to say, quarter system seriously leaves me hanging. I wonder who created the idea of jam-packing a full semester's worth of material into 10 weeks. Somebody clearly masochistic. Once you hit around Week 5, all hell starts to break loose.

Which, honestly, is the reason for my absence the past week. Reading about my constant forays into the library probably isn't very interesting. Actually, I can tell you for a fact it is quite boring. Much more boring than water-rafting down a waterfall in the Amazon, for instance. And then, on Saturday I proctored the LSAT. Whew, talk about being glad I was sitting on the other side of the table. Watching those poor future-law-students slink into the classroom, hunch behind a desk and whittle down their pencils to mere stubs...its depressing.

Wah, its all depressing. I feel like Holden Caulfield calling everything a phony. The weather's depressing, Week 5 and 6's constant pressure of work is depressing, the tree stump in the yard across the street from me is depressing. I just want it to be Spring and Summer already, where we can run off to the beach and lay in the sand, soaking up the sun. Or at least walk outside without wanting to hang yourself. Looking at the pictures of me bouncing around Spain like a bag of sunshine isn't helping either. Wa, wa, wa.

Well, at least to counteract the rainy-day-blues, I've been trying to do some fun things. Most notably, hosting the VIP Lounge PreParty in the ultra-superior upstairs lounge (also known as my attic room, but you know.)


Hollywood starlets preparing for the Red Carpet.

I must say, that was a nice blowing off of steam and a much needed break. After the LSAT on Saturday, I attended the Kappa Kappa Gamma Winter Formal with, who else? My awesomer than awesome broski, who looked super fly in his shades.




We most certainly got our dance on.

It was a little bit of a slow start (there was something going on with the buses, and half of the girls were two hours late!) but it got hoppin' pretty quick after everyone finally arrived. I've gotta say, my bro can break it down!!

After that, a much needed restful weekend to start it all again this lovely Monday. Speaking of -- I have to get to class! See you on the flip side ;)

K




1 comment:

  1. Haha, these pictures are awesome! I especially love those lanterns in your "VIP lounge"- so cute!

    ReplyDelete